THE CITY OF ROCKS

THE CITY OF ROCKS
This was a pretty neat place to see. We had fun hiking around all the rock formations and look forward to trying out some camping there if Paul ever gets time off.







CADE LOST A TOOTH

CADE LOST A TOOTH
...and he's still smiling! After hitting Cole's head with his mouth, Cade knocked his two front teeth loose. Unfortunately, one of them broke completely across near the root. It had to be pulled but so far his other tooth is hangin in there. It's still loose but it's tightening up and will hopefully stay in.

He was so excited for the toothfairy to come but he was a little confused when she didn't make his tooth grow back! We had to explain that it might take a couple years. In the meantime, he sure is looking older!

FUN AT THE FAIR

FUN AT THE FAIR

The tractors were a big hit!

Paul's Birthday

Paul's Birthday
Daddy and his boys!

Paul came home to pickup more equipment for work so we decided to wake Zac up from his nap and have a little celebration since we didn't get to yesterday. Lately Paul has been gone before the kids wake up and hasn't gotten home until after they are already in bed so it was nice to have this half hour to spend a little time together. I don't think the boys would have lasted another day without lighting candles on the cake!

Having Fun at the Ward Campout

Having Fun at the Ward Campout



Testing out the zip-line.

Yeah, his butt scraped the ground a few times!



1st Preschool Project

1st Preschool Project
The boys recently started a summer preschool activity class. They have been so excited to start school and I thought this would be a good way to introduce them to it. They attend Mondays and Wednesday for 2 hours and just that little bit of time has been an adjustment for them. Cade has continued to be excited about it all but Cole has had some tough days. All in all, I think it's been a good experience for them and shopping has never been easier for me having only one boy to keep up with!

Zac's 2nd Birthday

Zac's 2nd Birthday

He loved his lion cake!

I can't believe he is two already! It's crazy to think that I was pregnant with him and the twins were his age when we moved to AZ. Now here we are in NM. Time has sure flown by.

Our Boys and All Their Injuries!

Our Boys and All Their Injuries!
Cole's questionable broken nose.

Zac's goose egg.

Cole's black eye and split brow.

The re-injury just a day later.

Looking better and showing off those baby blues!

And Zachary's latest. Believe it or not, I actually have another one of Cole but it involves a shopping cart, metal shelving and his rear end. Probably not appropriate! I may start arming these boys with helmets and bubble wrap before they even get out of bed!!!

Railroad Days Celebration

Railroad Days Celebration
This annual event just happened to take place about a week after we moved to Las Cruces so we thought we'd take a break from unpacking and check it out. Needless to say, the boys absolutely loved it! Anything having to do with trains makes them happy :)

Enjoying some air-conditioning.

The model trains were a huge hit. Many tears were shed as we dragged the kids to the car!

Zachary's 1st haircut!

Zachary's 1st haircut!
Before...

and after!

and after!
Still adorable but definitely not my little baby anymore! At least I didn't cry this time so I'm pretty proud of myself for that :) He was way too busy checking out the squirt bottle to look at the camera. Such concentration!

We're moving to New Mexico!

We're moving to New Mexico!
Paul was laid off in February and was unable to find a job in AZ but we are really blessed that he was able to get a job as the office manager for Service Master Clean in Las Cruces. It's always hard to move but we are looking forward to going someplace new and know that the Lord will continue to bless us. So, here is the house we will be renting. I'm looking forward to having a single story house. I just hope all our stuff fits!

Our 1st gingerbread house.

Our 1st gingerbread house.
I saw a gingerbread house kit at Costco one day and decided to by it. While Zac was sleeping, Cole, Cade and I decided to put it together. I thought Cole would eat more than he put on the house but somehow it managed to get quite decorated and the boys had a blast! A month or so later, Cole continues to ask about it so we just might make this a Christmas tradition.


Enjoying the fruits of their labor!

Enjoying the fruits of their labor!


Picture taking.

Picture taking.
So, trying to get three little kids to cooperate for a picture is a sure fire way to try my patience. We did manage to get a few half decent pictures but nothing as good as I had hoped for. I'm thinking by the time they will finally hold still for a picture, they'll still find a way not to cooperate, such as refuse to smile! Now that it's done, at least I can see the comedy in it all. I'm sure our neighbors had quite a show. Here are a few we decided not to put on our Christmas card:



Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
One of the boys favorite movies right now is a VeggieTales movie called, "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's" so when I asked them if they wanted to dress up like the characters, they were so excited! We had some issues about who was going to be the tin man (apparently they both like that one the best) but we managed to work it out with some bribery! They had a lot of fun trick or treating & Zac even got into it. He couldn't quite say "trick or treat" but he did say "thank you". (or at least something like it)

Cole, Elizabeth, & Cade

Cole, Elizabeth, & Cade
I just had to add this cute picture of the boys with their cousin from our trip to California. They had so much fun playing together & stopped for an ice pop break.

Another Camping Trip

Another Camping Trip
I don't know why but we have the worst luck camping! The first time we got snowed out, this time we got rained out! Our ward camping trip seemed to be the best but we could only stay one night. As you can see, the kids still seemed to have fun & keep asking to go camping again.


I took this picture right after a large rock was thrown in the river and splashed FREEZING water on me! Needless to say, I wasn't too happy but Paul and Mike thought it was hilarious. I'll remember that guys!

My favorite boys!

My favorite boys!
We recently went on a campout with our ward and as you can see, the boys had a ball! They pretty much needed a bath within the first 5 minutes but as my mom always says, "they're just being boys"! Fortunately, we only had one incident that required some first aid. The boys were throwing rocks and Cade managed to nail Cole right in the middle of his forehead, just above the hairline. There was quite a bit of blood but no need for stitches. Thank goodness there wasn't any snow this time but we did have a little visitor. The picture below is of a beatle the boys spotted that was dragging a tarantula. Needless to say, I wasn't real happy about that 10 feet from our tent! For some reason I always pictured tarantulas in the desert, not the mountains but we've had quite a few surprises since living here in Arizona.

All the Parrish Grandkids!

All the Parrish Grandkids!
With much effort and little cooperation from my kids, we finally got a picture of all the kids. We had a lot of fun on our vacation to Idaho visiting my family. It was great to have us all together!

The boys get a haircut!

The boys get a haircut!

While on vacation in Idaho my cousin Teresa cut the boys hair. I'm happy we didn't lose all their curls and they're still adorable with their big boy haircuts.

Our long and curly haired boys!

Our long and curly haired boys!

We really are going to cut their hair soon but it's hard to cut off all those adorable curls! Cole's hair has always been curly but Cade's has gotten curly the older he gets. For some reason the front is still quite straight but the back is actually curlier than Cole's. They're just so cute I can hardly stand it!

I just had to add a picture of our other adorable boy. Is there any doubt who Zac belongs to? He's a daddy's boy in more than just looks.

Swimming fun

Paul built a pool for a family in our ward and they invited us to use their pool whenever we want, so we took the kids swimming last night. We all had a lot of fun jumping off the rocks and going down the slide. I'm sure we will be taking our friends up on their offer quite often now that triple digit temperatures are here to stay for a while! Hope you all enjoy the pictures and I'll try to add some video soon, that is if I can figure out how.

Cade had a blast jumping off the rocks!

Cade had a blast jumping off the rocks!


Cole loved to splash & climb on all the rocks!

Cole loved to splash & climb on all the rocks!

Zachary loves the water too and was content to float around most of the time.

Zachary loves the water too and was content to float around most of the time.

Our visitor

Cade woke me up about 5:00 this morning to help him use the bathroom and I thought I could hear some hooting outside. I kind of figured I was just imagining things. Well, when I went down to our kitchen later on, I realized that I wasn't crazy after all. Sitting on our back wall was this owl. It stayed there for about 5 hours just checking things out I suppose and then finally flew away when the boys and Paul started "hooting" at it. It was a pretty cool sight to see right in our own backyard!


Becoming independant and messy!

Becoming independant and messy!

Zachary is at that age now where he wants to feed himself. He can actually use his spoon or fork to get some food in his mouth as well as the floor, and the wall, and anywhere else within flinging range!

Our Arizona camping trip!

Our Arizona camping trip!


Many of you have already seen these pictures but I thought I would add them to our blog anyway. We went camping the end of May and ended up coming home after one night. We knew it would be cold but we didn't expect the snow! The kids had fun for a while but soon discovered that playing with snow with your bare hands wasn't worth it. We hope to try another trip soon now that it's around 110 degrees here!

Cole getting ready to slide

having fun

Cade had a great time

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finally!!!

After months of pressure, from people who shall remain nameless (you know who you are), I have finally decided to begin a family blog. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to keep up with it but I do think it's a nice idea. So, to those of you who have been waiting and to others that are as new to this as me, I hope you enjoy this and I hope I do too!

P.S. Today is Zachary's 1st birthday! I figure a good way to celebrate it is to set a goal for myself to regularly record some special moments in our family's lives. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Congrats on starting a blog! It's hard for me to post things since I don't think much of what we do is interesting to anyone else, but I have lots of family who don't live close by and I know they enjoy seeing pictures and hearing the news. So, good luck with keeping it updated!

Unknown said...

Good for you Camie! Sorry we missed the party - it looks like it was a lot of fun. The boys are growing so quickly! Give them a kiss from me! We miss seeing all of you. Lin

Anonymous said...

Wow, all of those pictures remind me of growing up in Arizona at the 7M. We even had a "pet" Great Horned Owl named Barnabus, who we raised since young and injured -- he would fly to our meat-laced and gloved hands, and play swoopdown and clip the hair off the top of your head! You cannot hear an owl in flight from behind -- they are stealthy hunters! Thanks for the trip dowm memory lane,....Dave